Pages

Sunday 30 October 2016

Why did Sanatan Sanstha attract me so much?

Sanatan Sanstha and Attraction

You must be wondering why would anybody be affected so much by Sanatan Sanstha. The “offering” that the sanstha puts in front of people is very appealing and put in a simplistic manner. They cloak the wordings to sound scientific. There is a beautiful concoction of Hindu Dharma and science and ordinary things are given a very spiritual meaning. They publish dailies, weeklies and even monthly newsletters. The articles are all about the daily news and about spirituality. The language is simplistic and easy to understand.

So what is the rub?

I always considered myself apart from the hoi-poi, the ordinary people who go about their daily activities without any thought of spiritual upliftment. The constant attacks on Hinduism used to affect me deeply. I always had an urge to do something about it but felt helpless. My family used to laugh at all these feelings. They would never support me, I used to feel. They never understood me. Oh! How wrong I was…
Sanatan Sanstha looks around for such people, people like me who are gullible, who are carried away by good words and who feel that the world does not understand them. Why only Sanatan, there are thousands of such organisations. They do the same thing. Why is Sanatan different from them? Why do people hate Sanatan so much?
I don’t know about others, but ask me and I will say that I hate Sanatan Sanstha because of what it did to me. How it duped me with the sweet words and the promise of Mooksh. How it utilised my feelings and played around with me.

Was I thinking rationally?

The question that arises is, was I ever thinking rationally? Why was I affected so much that I left my house, my family and all my relationship behind me and ran away? Was I hypnotised? Was I drugged? What happened?
The answer lies in psychology, pure human psychology. And Dr. Jayant Athavale has used this as a powerful weapon, a weapon through which he can control the minds of people. Make them do anything that he wants to do, when he wants to do and in the manner, that he desires. People say that he uses a branch of hypnosis; called Ericksonian Hypnosis. But I also know that a person cannot be hypnotised without his or her permission. Jayant Athavale can hypnotise one person at a time, how can he hypnotise so many of them?
The truth is somewhere in between. Sanatan Sanstha uses a powerful blend of psychological methods to capture the minds. The mind control techniques rely on a powerful tool of psychology called Auto Suggestion. The so called sadhaks first identify the individuals who can be diverted, converted and then controlled. Trust me, I was there, I was controlled by them. I was converted by them.
The methods are so simple but so powerful that we accept them without any questions. We accept them and follow them and use them in our daily life. Till one day, we lose control over our lives. We give our control to Sanatan Sanstha.
They win….

We lose, we lose ourselves and hand over ourselves to them.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! It's sad getting to know about your experience. )’:

    Have you heard of an organisation called Spiritual Science Research Foundation (SSRF)? It was founded by the same founder, Dr Jayant Athavale the hypnotist.

    I started practising chanting under their guidance around a month ago, and within such short period of time, I already felt an urge to visit their ashram in Goa. Luckily, I was still studying back then, so I couldn’t take action. Thank god!

    The organisation encourages people to ask them questions regarding spiritual practice. However, when I asked them in-depth questions about spiritual knowledge, they mostly didn’t answer my questions directly. They discouraged me to ask intellectual questions, saying it will obstruct the “dissolution of intellect” & my spiritual progress.
    Although I’ve realised some benefits chanting the name of God (as per their guidance), it is due to the method itself and not the organisation! In my opinion, most of their teachings & practices work through blind faith, self-fulfilling prophecy and placebo effect. There might be some false information mixed with some truth in their articles, so as to reduce their risks of being doubted or seen through.

    While they claimed to be not of any religion, it is obvious that their teachings & practices are mostly Hindu-based. They mask Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma) under the name of Spirituality and deceive Truth Seekers worldwide. They even claim going to establish a “Divine Kingdom” around 2023. I really wonder about their true agendas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The SSRF tells people they were uniquely chosen by God to be a “seeker.” The SSRF raises the level of “seekers” when and if they go to the ashram in Goa and if they perform seva (Service to the Lord), by working for free for the SSRF. The leader Dr. Athavale, a hypnotherapist, has declared himself a Saint. He is also being investigated for murder and bombings. Psychotropic medication was seized from his office and former followers testified they were given “spiritual nectar” along with post hypnotic suggestions. These former followers believe the “nectar” was tainted with a drug to make the post hypnotic suggestion stick. The SSRF encourages “seekers” to attend multiple satsangs and to do other things as spiritual practice. These activities slowly brainwashes seekers to do whatever they are told. After 2 years a person is hooked. Stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. The purpose of the Guru-disciple relationship is to give the disciple an external means to internal change. This is really what all sādhanā is about. It is the reduction in thoughts until there are no thoughts. It is only the internal, subconscious willpower that changes a person's behavior to renounce thoughts. The saguṇ Guru, chanting, sēvā, etc are all only to facilitate the process of subconscious yearning to jettison the sanskars and desires that give rise to thoughts.

    ReplyDelete