Pages

Thursday 17 November 2016

Building trust at Sanatan Ashram Ramnathi

Though I felt betrayed when the Swagat Kaksh at Sanatan Ashram Ramnathi did not pass information about my father’s illness, I did not assume the worst. I rationalised that they may have forgotten. Initially, I had doubted them but one sadhak approached me a couple of days afterwards and apologised for not passing the information.

Sanatan Sanstha rebuilds trust


She said that she had forgotten to do so and this was her personality defect. It had to be removed. She also mentioned this during the personality defect removal session in my presence. The other sadhaks took her for task and told her the seriousness. Because of her, I had been hurt, I had started doubting the sanstha. She was asked to do penance. I was also asked about my father’s health and told that Sanatan could provide good medical care at Sanatan Ashram Ramnathi. It would combine spiritual treatment as well and hence recovery would be fast. I should call up my parents immediately. I could not go personally as my education was in a critical phase and such disturbances would affect it. They had also information that my father was recovering and the critical phase had passed thanks to my devotion to the Guru; Dr Jayant Athavale.
Such good thoughts; such affection. Sanatan Sanstha was really full of people giving selfless service. Look at the strength of spiritual practise, my father was responding to the positive vibes generated by my devotion to spirituality. I was now fully convinced that I was on the right path.
I phoned up my parents immediately and after apologising, asked them to bring father to Sanatan Ashram Ponda for treatment. My mother said that he was not able to travel and I should visit him. I obviously could not do so and could not understand their insistence. Sanatan Sanstha was going to such trouble and they were not cooperating? I was sure that this was the effect of evil spirits.

Reflections

reflections

I recall the whole incident very clearly. I remember meeting the friend, the news about my father’s illness, my self-doubts and Sanatan’s generous offer. I realised the inconsistencies very late. The story built up by the sanstha had several glaring inconsistencies. I should have realised them sooner, but my mind was under their control. The major inconsistency was; how did they come to know that I was aware of my father’s illness? I had only told my rakshak and as subsequent incidents proved, she never shared such personal confidences with Sanatan Sanstha. Why did the sadhak apologise after several days. My father had suffered from stroke two months before I knew, so my brother had visited about two months back. Why was this brought up after such a time difference?
My parents had stopped communicating after this incident and my offer for treatment at Sanatan Ashram Ramnathi acted like salt on a wound. I thought it was a generous offer but they took it in a totally different angle.


I was beyond any rational reasoning. Sanatan meant such a lot to me, my Guru; Dr Jayant Athavale, meant a lot to me. Anything else was irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment