Pages

Monday 14 November 2016

Pre-lunch sessions at Sanatan Ashram Ponda

After completing a hectic morning schedule, Sanatan Ashram Ponda has lined up a more exhaustive pre-lunch session. As my principal seva consists of prachar, I need to move out of the ashram. Sanatan Sanstha depends upon pracharaks like me to attract new followers, enlist subscribers to the newsletters and to solicit donations.

Prachar and Samashti seva

Prachar


Prachar is considered to be a high level of samashti seva. Prachar means publicity and consists of meeting people outside the organization and involving them in the sanstha’s activities. This may be the first point of contact for normal people with Sanatan Sanstha and hence utmost care has to be taken. Generally, only people staying in the locality or people with a higher standing in Sanatan are given this work. Looking at my abilities, I am, however, given this work but told that in case I am unable to carry out this responsibility, it will be taken back from me. I am honored to be given such a big responsibility.

A pracharak has to be very well dressed and presentable. As I do not have sufficient clothes, I expect the sanstha to help me out. But no help materializes, instead I am told to ask from my husband. After all, it is his responsibility, I am told. I tell him during one of our routine conversation. He arranges to send some money to me to arrange for the clothes. I know that he is under some sort of financial trouble, he has never expressed anything but my intuition is generally right in such cases. Despite this, he arranges for some money and promises to bring some clothes during our next meeting. We have always purchased clothes together and I always liked the clothes he used to select for me; this is a first time that I, alone, will be choosing my own clothes. Is this freedom? I have a lump in my throat during the purchases and hurry through them.

Prachar Seva


Sanatan Sanstha has allotted an area for me. I am always accompanied by a local person who collects me from Sanatan Ashram Ponda. Initially, I resented this but the various explanations given convinced me that the sanstha is doing this to protect me. I am a simple person who wants to devote my life for the seva of my Guru, Dr Jayant Athavale. Hence, I do not read too much in this. The area is near Ponda and sometimes the local person drops me to Ponda bus top where I catch a bus to Sanatan Ashram Ramnathi.
Yes, I too start calling the ashram as Sanatan Ashram Ramnathi and not Sanatan Ashram Ponda.
I am very good at prachar seva and within a short time, I have established a regular band of followers in the allotted area. This is appreciated at Sanatan Sanstha and I am praised at various forums.


But, a small piece of news from my hometown and my success bring my downfall. A downfall so great that I feel like leaving everything and ending everything immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment