Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Sanatan Sanstha and my family

After about a fortnight, I get a call from my husband that they are coming to meet me at Sanatan Ashram Ponda. We have kept in touch through calls to each other and he had promised to bring my daughter to meet me. I am now very excited that finally I will be able to open my daughter’s eyes to the reality and she will join me at Sanatan Sanstha and carry on the good work. I am not very worried about my husband as I consider him a non-believer.
He does not inform me on any other details, but on the appointed day and time, I take special care with my appearance. I need to look serene and peaceful and full of spirituality. My body should convey Bhav (feeling) of spirituality. I should envelop them with the aura of spirituality just like my Guru, Dr Jayant Athavale does. I should represent Sanatan.

Sanatan Sanstha guides me


Once I inform Sanatan Sanstha about the impeding visit, they also make some special arrangements. I don’t know the exact details but with my experience on handling such visits, I can haphazard a guess. They must have stationed some male sadhaks around the reception area – called swagat kaksh in our parlance. These were to take care of any untoward incident.
In fact, Sanatan welcomes such untoward incidents; they publicise such incidents in all their publications, they discuss them during the subsequent satsangs and dharma sabhas. They welcome it if media becomes involved. They absolutely love it if the family involves the police. The entire circus provides them sufficient fodder to be used during months to come. They get free publicity. Other sadhaks who are contemplating such a step are motivated by the strong action of the sanstha as they project the incident as a fight between an underdog and powerful evil forces. The underdog being the sadhak and Sanatan Sanstha lead by Dr Jayant Athavale. The powerful evil forces are the family in question, the media and anybody supporting them. The sadhak is forced to give a statement supporting the sanstha and against her family. The family loses faith and loses out a valuable member permanently.

Sanatan Sanstha Plans the visit


Other arrangements, though unseen, were also carried out. Some of the media persons were briefed and asked to remain alert for “breaking news”. Some sadhaks with contacts with police stations were asked to remain alert.
Sanatan Sanstha treats such first visits as a battle cry. It rallies its cadre, arms its sadhaks and sounds the war bugle. In case of a physical confrontation, it is ready for a fight against poor unaware and underprepared families.
What if the family does not put up a fight? Well, Sanatan wins and the family has an option of joining the Sanstha. Many do when confronted with the imminent loss of a near and dear one. Some walk away, never to look back. Such families are insulted in the ashram premises, in front of the sadhak in question; by the sadhak in question. This is part of the initiation ceremony.


The sadhak has to come out with flying colors and prove her loyalty to Dr Jayant Athavale and Sanatan Sanstha.

No comments:

Post a Comment