Pages

Thursday 3 November 2016

Sanatan Sanstha teaches me about personality defects


Personality defects and Sanatan Sanstha


Suggestions are an old weapon in psychology and Sanatan Sanstha uses them very effectively. They are a very powerful tool and have been studied in detail in 1900s. “Suggestions and Auto-suggestions” by William Atkinson, published in 1909 was the first definitive book studying the impact of suggestions on human psychology.
I have studied these techniques during my graduation and still did not realise that the sanstha was using them on me. If these were so effective on me, how could they not be effective on others? The technique used is not hypnosis, but mind control and to achieve this, Sanatan uses many techniques of human psychology, Dr Jayant Athavale has many tricks up his sleeves.

What are personality defects?


Sanatan Sanstha has published extensive material on personality defects and personality development. These appear to be very much in keeping up with spiritual development. After all, one of the main aims of spirituality is to gain control of one’s mind and to let go of all personality traits and become one with God. Sanatan wants one to merge with Guru and not God – this is dangerous as it becomes a cult, a fanatical cult.
The website lists 54 personality defects, it reads more like a lesson in antonyms in English. A step by step guide is also provided in a downloadable pdf format. In fact, a book on “Hypnotherapy for happiness” is also listed on Sanatan Shop though it is no longer available for sale. The main reason is the controversies surrounding the use of hypnosis by Dr Jayant Athavale. ABN News has done a two-part series titled Operation Sammohan (Part 1 and Part2) and the series has won a national award as well.
I do not believe that the Sanstha has to use hypnosis for attaining mind control over its followers. Auto suggestions is a more potent weapon and some specially trained sadhaks are well versed in it.
Personality defects create negative energy and need to be eliminated in order to progress in spiritual life. I agree totally, however, it should not be used to control another person.

Use of Auto Suggestions


Sanatan Sanstha has listed the process of auto-suggestion on its website. This is shown practically during their satsangs. We are encouraged to write down our personality defects and a regular follow-up is taken on the progress. Surprisingly, once I mentioned lying to my husband as a personality defect. Immediately I was asked to remove this and told that this is not a defect, I lie because my husband does not support me. The others also suggested that this was not really a defect – the impact of social acceptance was very strong on me. I was now convinced that it was an acceptable fact.
I was very diligently recording all my personality defects and the remedial methods. After some time, the discussions started gravitating towards ego. I was told that ego was my most powerful personality defect and I should remove it to achieve spiritual upliftment.
Seriously, I never had ego issues. I take pride in my work as it makes me do things perfectly. But, I never think that only I can do it and others cannot do it. Pride in work and ego are different things.


But, before realization hit me, I had gone too far. I had crossed several boundaries; I had reached a point of no return. Sanatan Sanstha had taken over my life, my mind, and my body.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sister m enlightened....I was associated with sanatana now with a concious move m slowly keeping them away.....

    ReplyDelete